Preheat oven to 350 and spray 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
½ cup whole wheat flour
½ cup all-purpose flour
½ cup wheat bran
½ cup teff flour (or sub for more of one of the previous flours)
1 Tbsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp table salt
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
3 Tbsp canola oil
1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
½ cup maple syrup
1 cup canned pumpkin
small handful of pepitas (optional)
1 Tbsp brown sugar (optional)
1. In a small bowl, combine flours and bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together vanilla, egg, oil, yogurt, maple syrup, and pumpkin.
3. Blend flour mixture into pumpkin mixture.
4. Divide batter evenly between 12 muffin cups (approx 1/3 cup each)
5. Option: sprinkle lightly with brown sugar and some pepitas (raw hulled pumpkin seeds)
6. Bake at 350 until a toothpick test comes out clean (around 20 mins? Gonna be honest….I forgot to time them!)
7. Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy. I know I will 😉